Feeling exhausted and stressed while you're on a voyage? Today, I am sharing about a unique therapy that could help you reduce travel stress, improve sleep, and maintain mental health. Red light therapy not only prevents diseases while cruising but will also make your trip memorable. The unique challenges of life at sea, such as cramped quarters, long journeys, and demanding work schedules, pose significant chronic disease risks that red light can effectively address. Its significant benefits for physical and mental health make it a perfect solution to boost health and well-being for both passengers and crew on cargo and cruise ships.
Let's look at red light therapy's benefits for sailors in this article, along with how it can make you feel best while at sea.
Benefits of RLT for Cruise and Cargo Ship Travelers
Red light therapy (RLT), a non-invasive phototherapy supported by growing scientific research, holds immense potential to improve your experience at sea. Following are the specific benefits for sea travelers.
1. Improves Sleep Quality
Red light therapy has been shown to enhance sleep quality and reduce sleep latency, meaning you'll fall asleep faster and longer. This is a game-changer on ships, where time zones and cabin noise can disturb your sleep cycle. Research suggests it can improve sleep quality by increasing melatonin production, hence regulating your body's natural sleep-wake cycle.
2. Reduces Muscle Fatigue
reduces muscle fatigue and accelerates recovery from exercise-induced aches and pains.
Another study focused on athletes and found that red light therapy reduced muscle soreness by 39% compared to a control group who did not receive the treatment.
3. Prevents from Seasickness
Red light therapy helps prevent you from seasickness. However, current research on this is in the early stages. A few studies show RLT can reduce nausea and vomiting associated with motion sickness, allowing you to explore the deck with a smile.
4. Improves Mood and Energy Levels
Feeling drained after a long day at sea? RLT gives your cells an energy boost, helping you combat fatigue and feel more energized. Beyond the practical benefits, red light therapy can also improve mood.
5. Faster Healing and Recovery
For some travelers, minor injuries or even chronic conditions can make travel challenging. Red light therapy promotes wound healing, and it can be invaluable for those managing existing injuries or susceptible to cuts and scrapes during their adventures. It promotes faster recovery, allowing you to focus on making memories, not managing pain.
6. Pain Alleviation
Got a persistent headache from all the continuous traveling. A red light therapy device can be your pain relief aid! Its anti-inflammatory properties induce endorphins and reduce aches and pains, making your journey smoother and more enjoyable.
7. Boosts Your Immune System
Navigating close quarters on a ship can increase the risk of exposure to illnesses. Here's where red light therapy steps in again! Research indicates it can enhance immune function, giving your body a natural defense against unwelcome bugs. It improves immune cells circulation, acts as a shield, and protects you from sniffles, sneezes, and other infections.
8. Nourish Skin and Hair
Worried about your skin complexion while traveling on a ship? Get a warm red light bath twice a day. Red light therapy promotes skin repair, increases collagen production, and reduces wrinkles, giving you a healthy and glowing complexion even after weeks of sun and salt air. Medical research has proven red light therapy's utility in stimulating collagen production, keeping your skin youthful and glowing. Also, it may even help with stress-induced hair fall.
Additional Applications of RLT on Ships
Red light therapy is becoming increasingly available on ships. Recently, a report by the Maritime Wellness Coalition highlighted red light therapy as a promising tool for improving crew well-being, but data was limited. Red light therapy can be incorporated into ships in various ways.
- Dedicated red light therapy rooms equipped with professional panels or booths.
- Spa treatments are integrated into massages, facials, or wellness packages, giving your skin an extra glow, calming inflammation, and reducing wrinkles.
Red light therapy is a powerful tool for optimizing your health and well-being while sailing the seas. Better sleep quality, rapid healing, and a stronger immune system are some of the treasures of this radiant light for ship travelers. While research continues to evolve, the multifaceted advantages of red light therapy make it an invaluable travel companion. So, next time you go for a cruise, don't forget to get Bestqool red light therapy for an unforgettable journey of health, happiness, and inner sunshine.
- Pan, R., Zhang, G., Deng, F., Lin, W., & Pan, J. (2023). Effects of red light therapy (RLT) on sleep and mood in healthy subjects and individuals with sleep disorders. Frontiers in Psychiatry, 14, 1200350.
- Feraresi, C., Bertuci, D., Schiavinato, J., Reiff, R., Araújo, A., Panepucci, R., Euclides Matheucci, J., Cunha, A. F., Arakelian, V. M., Hamblin, M. R., Parizotto, N., & Bagnato, V. (2016). Effects of LED Therapy Muscle Hypertrophy, Gene Expression, Performance, and Delayed-Onset Muscle Soreness: Case-control Study with a Pair of Identical Twins. American Journal of Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation /Physiatry, 95(10), 746.
- Lanferdiini, F. J., Binii, R. R., Baroni, B. M., Kleinn, K. D., Carpess, F. P., & Vaz, M. A. (2018). Improvement of performance and fatigue reduction with red light/LLLT in Competitive Cyclists. International journal of sports physiology 13(1), 14–22.