But can you practically lose weight successfully by doing this? It doesn't seem to be very feasible! Today, I will introduce a scientific, lazy weight loss method.
By stimulating cell metabolism, red light therapy supports weight loss, leaving your skin looking rejuvenated and reducing the appearance of cellulite, with so many clinical studies proving that the red light bath method can break down cellulite and reduce fat. Learn about red light therapy here to help your weight loss be more productive.
How Does Red Light Therapy Cause Weight Loss?
Burning fat with a red light is an easy principle to grasp. When our bodies absorb light, particularly in the red and infrared (600-1000 nm) spectrums, cells respond by working harder than usual and boosting metabolism. This includes the body's potential ability to process fat.
Red light therapy results in whole-body fat reduction and weight loss through two primary mechanisms. Firstly, the wavelengths of red light affect the mitochondria of our cells and increase blood circulation. Secondly, similar to the effects of exercise on weight reduction, exposure to red light increases ATP generation in the mitochondria, prompting the body to use fat stores as fuel.
Red Light Therapy Weight Loss Scientific Studies
- Smaller waist circumference: The Journal of Obesity Surgery published a study in which they applied 635-680 nm of red light therapy on participants for four weeks and found a significant reduction in waist circumference.
- Firmer buttocks and thighs: A research study showed that upon exposure to 650 nm red light, the participant's hip, thigh, and waist contours significantly decreased by 2.99 inches.
- Red light controls obesity: Brazilian researchers evaluated the effects of combined red light therapy and exercise on 64 obese women aged 20 to 40. One group exercised and received red light treatment, while the control group only did fitness training. Combining red light therapy with exercise could be more effective in weight loss.
- Red light promotes lipolysis: The research study "The Effects of Red Light Therapy on Body Contouring" found that RLT stimulated lipid breakdown in subcutaneous fat in participants, leading to weight loss and body contouring.
- Reduced waist circumference: In a Korean study, 65 men and women who used red light therapy experienced an average reduction of 3.51 inches in waist circumference. At the same time, there was no significant change in weight loss through diet or exercise.
- Fat release: A Japanese study found that using red light therapy resulted in 80% of lipids being released from fat cells in just four minutes, and by six minutes, almost all of the fat was released.
Red lights Therapy Weight Loss Whole Body Advantages
Scientific research-backed advantages of red light therapy for weight loss are discussed here.
1. Improved Sleep
Insomnia affects millions of people worldwide. Sleep deprivation causes obesity and other health issues. Red light promotes white blood cell phagocytosis (self-digestion), lowers inflammation, increases melatonin secretion, and shortens the time to fall asleep, improving sleep quality.
2. Appetite Suppression
International Journal of Endocrinology (2012) investigated the effect of RLT on hormones Gherlin and Leptin, associated with insulin and weight loss. The 2012 study found that exposure to red light in the morning significantly decreased ghrelin levels and increased leptin levels compared to dim light conditions after sleep restriction. This modulation of appetite-regulating hormones suggests that red light therapy could potentially serve as a natural, non-pharmacological tool to suppress appetite and reduce hunger, especially in contexts of sleep deprivation.
3. Targeted Fat Reduction
If you've struggled to lose weight, you'd know that certain body areas resist diet and exercise. This is where contour red light therapy can prove helpful for you. It can eliminate excess fat from specific areas such as the abdomen, waist, back, buttocks, thighs, and double chin.
4. Decrease Metabolic Diseases
Red light therapy also improves insulin sensitivity. Insulin controls blood sugar levels, thus preventing the onset of diabetes, a risk factor for obesity.
5. Boost Skin Quality
Reconstruct collagen, strengthen the skin, combat cellulite, and give you silky skin.
When applied to stretch marks, it helps them fade faster.
Red Light Therapy Cost
Are you planning to get red light therapy but don't know the cost? It depends on your location and whether you use a red light therapy gadget at home or see a doctor.
One session of red light therapy in salons costs around $30-$200. But, at-home red light therapy is an affordable and cost-effective choice.
Generally, it is necessary to do a course of treatment, and there is a significant slimming effect after several 30-minute sessions in a month. Additionally, spending more time walking or mopping the floor and cleaning up the room will make the metabolism faster and the effect of weight loss more noticeable.
You can buy an LED light therapy panel and enjoy a cost-effective treatment at home.
Full-Body Red Light Therapy Pro 300 can be a suitable device for you with a full-length red light panel that covers your entire body. Hurry up and buy your device today. It will be far cheaper than getting even one therapy session in a spa or clinic. Explore here more medically approved top-quality red light therapy devices.
Losing weight can be tricky, but red light therapy not only helps you to lose weight but also improves your overall health. Keep an eye on essential factors while buying red light therapy devices, including wavelengths of the light source, its power, and radiation strength.
Bestqool high-quality red light therapy devices help you start your journey to look beautiful. We offer a variety of portable red light therapy panels and bulbs at affordable prices. So, what are you waiting for? Order now and jumpstart your journey of weight loss today!
Avci, Pinar et al. "Low level laser therapy for fat layer reduction: a comprehensive review." Lasers in surgery and medicine 45,6 (2013): 349-57. doi:10.1002/lsm.22153
Figueiro, Mariana G et al. "Light modulates leptin and ghrelin in sleep restricted adults." International journal of endocrinology 2012 (2012): 530726. doi:10.1155/2012/530726
Lee, Ji-Hua et al. "Anti-inflammatory effects of low-level laser therapy (LLLT) on human periodontal ligament cells: in vitro study." Lasers in medical science 33,3 (2018): 469-477. doi:10.1007/s10103-017-2376-6